We now invite applications for the International Summer School in Uganda - Survey Methodology and Data Management (ISSU) to be held from February 01 to February 12, 2021. The Summer School is funded by the VW Foundation and jointly organized by GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences, Germany, and Muteesa I Royal University, Uganda. It will bring together 50 participants from Germany, Uganda, Kenya, and Tanzania.
To submit your application for a scholarship to attend the International Summer School in Uganda - Survey Design and Data Management (ISSU), please fill in the following fields and upload your complete application as one single PDF file. The PDF file should include:
- Cover letter explaining
- the importance of participating in the ISSU for your research work
- your previous experiences with empirical social science research
- which courses you would like to attend and why.
- Up-to-date CV including a description of your current occupation and a list of publications (if applicable)
- Copy of degree certificate of highest current academic degree held including transcript of records.
- A tabular list of courses on empirical social science methods you have previously completed, containing the following:
- Title of the course
- Name of the lecturer
- Institution that offered the course
- Brief description of the course contents (max. 50 words)
You can find more information on the ISSU website. Should you have any questions before submitting your application, please send an e-mail to issu [at] gesis.org.
If you are experiencing difficulties creating a single pdf document for upload, you can use the free PDF-XChange Editor and follow these instructions on merging pdf files.